Download file types
- System requirements
- Package Manager Updates
- Language packs
- CMS Bridges
- Archived releases
Many different types of files are available for download. Among these are primarily:
- One of the most popular forms of compression on the internet. Windows XP and practically every other decompression software can extract these.
- A gzip file, which offers better compression than zips do, and is very popular on Linux and Unix systems. These can be opened by 7-zip, TUGZip, PowerArchiver, StuffIt Expander, UltimateZip, or WinZip, among others.
- This is a bzip2 file, which is slightly less popular than the other two, but offers better compression. These can be opened by 7-zip, TUGZip, PowerArchiver, StuffIt Expander, or UltimateZip, among others.
- A PHP file, uncompressed. These are generally tools or converters, which you can upload directly to the directory of SMF and run from there.
- A converter file for SMF 1.1 - note that all converters require you to download convert.php as well as the sql file.
If you are not sure which one of the compressed archives you want, you probably want to download the zip file. Please continue to the download listing.